"Always make a total effort, even when the odds are against you." - Arnold Palmer

Sunday 29 April 2012

Kramnik-Aronian, Game #6: 3 - 3

Well it was big surprise for me yesterday when I switched on my computer a went to watch the live on-line transmission from Zürich and when I saw first few moves I felt I was getting bored. 
Well opening choice did not look exciting, however, then both players made wonders. 
And everybody who was present or watching on-line had to be excited. Either Viktor Korchnoi who was present in the playing hall, or both commentators - GM Yannick Pelletier and IM Werner Hug who with the aid of Houdini tried to find out the best ways how to play the game.
The true is that in on moment - it was position after White move 33, Kramnik could improve his position and gain the edge. Would it be enough to win? Who knows, but what position one should play for win if not position with pawn up. 
Alas, Kramnik opted for another move, more "human-like" and the game ended up draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment