"Always make a total effort, even when the odds are against you." - Arnold Palmer

Friday 25 January 2013

Grantham-2 lost to Ashfield-2

Grantham-2 lost to Ashfield-2 last Wednesday in the the tight match 2-3.
Ambitious team of Ashfield played very well and quickly gained two point margin by victories on the board 2 and 5.
The game on the top board was a little drama when I was defending whole time slightly worse position, then despite of running out of time I achieved very good position with piece up, however, short of time I did not find another way how to continue then to return material back. In difficult ending I finally made a mistake and lost the game. 



Ben Mason and Trevor Palmer won their games on the board 3 and 4.


Grantham 2
2:3
Ashfield 2
David I
167
0:1
G Gibson
161
Hebert A
-
0:1
Herrington J
144
Palmer T
149
1:0
Morgan P
145
Mason B
145
1:0
R. Taylor
136
Scarborough J
92
0:1
A Robinson
143


Trevor Palmer played very nicely and it is my pleasure to publish his game with his own commentaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment